Real life gets in the way of blogging again, and I just want to relax with some TV, or at least movies about making TV (and radio).
- A Hard Day’s Night: The Beatles have a lot of fun avoiding rehearsals for their big TV appearance.
- Death to Smoochy: Politics and intrigue around who gets to entertain kids on TV.
- Radioland Murders: A madcap murder mystery going on away from the microphone while the station is still on the air.
- Quiz Show: scandal and intrigue around TV trivia games
- Soapdish: soap opera drama behind the scenes in the soap opera production.
- Broadcast News: It’s about ethics in journalism and romance! Still my favorite depiction of unrequited love for a best friend.