I don’t really have enough time for a review this week, so here’s a collection of my favorite Movies of My Yesterdays posts. One might say they’re Movies of My Yesterdays Of Yesterday, but one would be reaching dangerous amounts of meta.
In looking back on these posts, I realized that when I began, I used an introduction that I forgot about by the third entry:
Movies of my Yesterdays is an irregular series where instead of writing about a movie I’ve never seen, I choose a movie important to my past and discuss why that is.
- Galaxy Quest: a love letter to fandom, or a love letter to a love letter to fandom?
- One Magic Christmas: a redemption arc for my first unmagical Christmas.
- The Seven Per Cent Solution: sometimes the author is too in love with the material.
- Meet the Robinsons: This movie, it was made for me!
- The Iron Giant: The movie was head and shoulder cannons better than the book.